Sirpa began to win a number of Dancesport Championships in Finland in the 10 Dance division with her partner, Timo Pukkila. She also began gathering several titles in the Junior category with Pekka Suutari-Jääskö. After that, she was a finalist in Junior Latin Championships with Tony Wong.Professional Latin British Open to the World Champions, 2-time European Latin Champions, UK Open Professional Open to the World Champions, and International Professional Open to the World Champions.
At the peak streak of their success, during 1997-2001, they won a large number of 1st and 2nd places in various international championships.
For their performances in Professional Latin DanceSport competitions, the couple has earned a number of (non-championship) awards, including the World Dance & DanceSport Council's ”Isadora Duncan” Award (2002).adjudicators on Finland's "Dancing with the Stars". The couple has also performed various times in The World Super Stars Dance Festival. They have gone on tour throughout Europe, the Americas, Japan, China, the Philippines, and Australia.
Sirpa along with Jukka are the owners of their own Haapalainen SuutariJääskö Dance Studios. They also travel much between England, Finland, and Japan.
- 4-time Professional Latin British Open to the World Champion (1997 - 1999, 2001)
- UK Open Professional Latin Open to the World Champion (1999)
- 2-time European Professional Latin Champion (1997 - 1998)
- International Professional Latin Open to the World Champion
- Swiss Tournament Professional Latin Champion (2001)
- Champion of several Junior Latin Championships
- Champion of various 10 Dance Championships in Finland
- Finland's "Dancing with the Stars", Guest Perfomer, Adjudicator
- The World Super Stars Dance Festival, Multi-time performer
- Gone on tour throughout Europe, the Americas, Japan, China, the Philippines, and Australia
- Performer in The Wolfbride, a dance drama based on Aino Kallas's short story and adapted and directed for stage by Tiina Puumalainen - (Tampere Workers' Theatre, Finland), Performer
- Performer in Black Rose's Tango Musical, Seinajoki Theatre (Finland)
- Performer in Lorca's Blood Wedding, Turku Theatre (Finland)
- Performer in Disposable Object Cabaret, Aleksander's Theatre, Helsinki (Finland) & Linnateatteri (Finland)
- Performer in Latin Quarter Danceshow, Savoy Theatre, Helsinki (Finland)
- Lost Moon created by Jorma Uotinen, Choreographer in 3 scenes
- Eurovision Song Contest Opening Show, Choreography and Performance, Helsinki (Finland)
- 4-time Ballroom Dancers' Federation Award Winner for outstanding Achievement in Professional Latin
- Prince Mikasa of Japan Award Winner
- Carl Alan Award Winner
- Le Classique de Dance Award Winner
- World Dance ”Isadora Duncan” Award Recipient (2002)