At the age of nine, she moved to the United States with her family and began taking Ballroom Dance lessons. She fell in love with the excitement and beauty of Ballroom and has been dancing ever since. Nina's training focused on the International Style Latin division, and she successfully competed in numerous competitions across the United States and Canada.
Nina, together with her partner Igor Zabrodin, became the Amateur Latin Champion of various DanceSport competitions and championships throughout the United States including the 2010 NJ DanceSport Classic - Summer Sizzler, the 2010 Clover Star Classic, the 2009 Neil Clover Ballroom Challenge, the 2008 USA Dance National Collegiate DanceSport Championship, the 2008 NJ DanceSport Classic - Spring Fling, and the 2008 Maryland DanceSport Championships. She was also a Silver Medalist at the 2008 American Star Ball Championships and the 2008 New Jersey State Open. Nina was a Bronze Medalist at the 2007 Tri-State Challenge and the 2009 DC DanceSport Inferno as well as a 3-time finalist of the Manhattan Amateur Classic Championship (MAC) and 2-time semi-finalist of the USA Dance National DanceSport Championships. She was also a semi-finalist of the Ohio Star Ball Championships as a Youth Under 21 competitor.
With over 18 years of competitive dance training and experience, Nina Estrina began teaching children. Here, she found a new passion! Her patient, diligent, and individualistic approach helps young dancers develop the best basic dance skills that are essential for a successful future dancing career! Nina has raised some of today's best junior dancers who have become USA Dance National Champions and Finalists.
- NJ DanceSport Classic - Summer Sizzler Amateur Latin Champion (2010)
- Clover Star Classic Amateur Latin Champion (2010)
- Neil Clover Ballroom Challenge Amateur Latin Champion (2009)
- USA Dance National Collegiate Amateur Latin Champion (2008)
- NJ DanceSport Classic - Spring Fling Amateur Latin Champion (2008)
- Maryland DanceSport Championships Amateur Latin Champion (2008)
- American Star Ball Amateur Latin Vice-Champion (2008)
- New Jersey State Open Amateur Latin Vice-Champion (2008)
- DC DanceSport Inferno Amateur Latin Bronze Medalist (2009)
- Tri-State Challenge Amateur Latin Bronze Medalist (2007)
- 3-time Manhattan Amateur Classic (MAC) Amateur Latin Finalist (2009, 2012-2013)
- 2-time USA Dance National Amateur Latin Semi-Finalist (2007, 2013)
- Ohio Star Ball Youth Under 21 Latin Semi-Finalist (2006)