Baltic Grand Prix
See also: Categories: Ballroom, Competition, Events, DanceSport, Latin, Standard, Smooth, Rhythm, WDSF, USA Dance
Recognized: by "World Dancesport Federation (WDSF)"
Dates: Middle of December (Annually)
Location: Riga, Latvia
Years active: Since - 1981
Organizer: Aigars Svars
OverviewMore than 1500 dancers from 35 countries and 4 continents, including USA, Japan, Canada, Hong Kong, Australia and European countries, will be visiting the international exhibition center Kipsala for the 36th time in Riga. In the past few years the festival has become popular far beyond the borders of Latvia and is one of the world's largest DanceSport festivals.
The Baltic Grand Prix is a Latvian Dance Sport Federation sanctioned DanceSport 3-day competition that has been introduced in 1981, hosted in Riga, Latvia, recognized by the World DanceSport Federation (WDSF) and organized by Aigars Svars.
The competition will be held simultaneously in two halls for three dance squares. The central events of the festival will take place on the evening of 16th and 17th, 2017 of December.
- On Saturday, December 16th, the WDSF World Junior Championship will take place in Standard Dance Championships. The ABORA Cup will be played in Latin American dances .
- On Sunday, December 17th, viewers will have the opportunity to watch the enthusiastic WDSF World Open rating competition in Standard, where the 16th Riga City Council Cup will be won.
- Dance performances will be held on the closing evening of the festival with the musical accompaniment of the "Mirage Jazz Orchestra".
Baltic Dance Center SPECTRA in cooperation with the Latvian Dance Sport Federation, Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia, LSFP and Riga City Council, Education, Culture and Sports Department of the Riga City Council are organizing the International Baltic DanceSport Championship.
The The Baltic Grand Prix maintains goals that involve conveying a Latvia competition with the feel of a World DanceSport Federation (WDSF) event. With use of artistic lighting and decor as well as a judging panel that includes National, International and WDSF Adjudicators, competitors have the opportunity to dance in front of some of the top critics in the business, at the same time doing so in an inviting and energetic environment.
EventsEvents include competitive dancing in the International Standard and Latin styles throughout the Pre-Teen, Junior, Youth, Adult and Senior age levels in the Amateur and Professional divisions.
The 2017 Baltic Grand Prix will also host various WDSF sanctioned events including:
- WDSF World Youth Standard Championship
- WDSF Open Youth Latin
- WDSF Open Youth Standard
- WDSF Open Rising Star Latin
- WDSF Open Rising Star Standard
- WDSF International Open Latin
- WDSF World Open Standard
- WDSF Open Senior I Open Latin
- WDSF Open Senior I Standard
- WDSF Open Senior II Latin
- WDSF Open Senior II Standard
- WDSF Open Senior III Open Standard
- WDSF Open Senior III Latin
Is a Member of:
- Latvian Dance sport Federation
- World DanceSport Federation (WDSF)
- World Senior Competitors DanceSport Commission (WSCDC)
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia
- Riga City Council, Education, Culture and Sports Department