See also: Categories: Instructors, Adjudicators, Dancers, Organizers
Hometown: Upper Montclair, New Jersey
Current location: Towaco, New Jersey
- Certified Instructor
- Competition Co-Organizer
- Dance Studio Co-Owner
OverviewDiana McDonald started dancing at a very early age (6 years old) and came from a dancing family where she was an only child. Her parents ran a dance school.
In April of 1991, Diana established a competitive partnership with Gary McDonald. The couple quickly became very successful. They became 10-time undefeated United States 10-Dance Champions, 1997 U.S. Latin Champions, 2-time U.S. South American Showdance Champions, 2002 U.S. Classic Showdance Champions and 1997 World 10-Dance Champions, where they became the first ever couple from North America to ever win a world title. They call it the biggest honor of their lives. They have also had the honor of representing the United States in 24 World Championship Events.
Gary and Diana have hosted and performed at dance competitions televised on NBC, ESPN, A&E and PBS. They have been joined by such celebrities as Debbie Allen and Suzanne Sommers.
After their retirement from competitive dancing, the couple decided to focus on raising their daughter Shayna as well as instructing, adjudicating and organizing various DanceSport events.
Diana and Gary are co-owners of Rogers Dance Center in Fairfield, New Jersey, where they spend most of their time when they are not on the road. They are also co-organizers of the Manhattan DanceSport Championships held annually in New York. Diana is also currently an examiner for the United States Terpsichore Association. Both Gary and Diana are highly qualified instructors and adjudicator in all styles of dance.
In her free time, Diana enjoys cooking.
- 10-time undefeated United States 10-Dance Champion
- 2-time U.S. South American Showdance Champion
- U.S. Classic Showdance Champion (2002)
- United States Professional Latin Champion (1997)
- World 10-Dance Champion (1997)
- 9-time United States Professional Latin Finalist (1991-1999)
- 3-time United States Standard Finalist (1995, 1998, 2000)
- British Open Rising Stars Latin Runner-Up (1994)
- United States Open Rising Star Latin Champion (1992)
- United States National Rising Star Standard Champion (1992)
- Hosted and performed at dance competitions televised on NBC, ESPN, A&E and PBS
- Gary McDonald (1991 - 2002)
- Manhattan DanceSport Championships, Co-Organizer
- Rogers Dance Center, Co-Owner
- Professional Competitor
- Certified - United States Terpsichore Association
- Certified Dance Instructor
- Championship Licensed Adjudicator and National Judge for the National Dance Council of America specializing in:
- International Style Standard (Championship Certified) - United States Terpsichore Association
- International Style Latin (Championship Certified) - United States Terpsichore Association
- American Smooth (Championship Certified) - United States Terpsichore Association
- American Rhythm (Championship Certified) - United States Terpsichore Association
- Theatrical Style (Championship Certified) - United States Terpsichore Association
- Certified Invigilator (National Dance Council of America)
- World Dance Council Adjudicator
- United States Terpsichore Association, Examiner